DIY Aluminium Calligraphy Pen
You’ll need tape, scissors, knife, disposable chopsticks, empty aluminium can, stapler and ink.
Calligraphy Pen for Gothic: cut the aluminium into two pieces like above and tape it on chopstick, then Staple the aluminium.
Medium Point Calligraphy Pen: Fold a piece of aluminim, and cut it like picture above. Then tape it on chopstick.
Fine Point Calligraphy Pen: Fold a piece of aluminim, and cut it like picture above. Then tape it on chopstick.
Now enjoy it :)
What to say when an artist quotes your commission higher than you expected:
- "Thank you for the quote, I’ll keep it in mind and get back to you sometime when I’m able to commission you!"
- "That’s a little out of my budget for the time being, but thank you for your time. I’ll contact you again if/when I am able to pay!"
- "I appreciate the quote, but i’ve decided to wait on the commission, thank you!"
- "I understand your prices and that they are fair, but I am unable to afford this for the time being! Good luck on the rest of your commissions."
What NOT to say when an artist quotes your commission higher than you expected:
- ”@-@ Holy crap that’s expensive!!”
- "Could you maybe give me a tumblr follower discount? :3"
- "Your prices are too high!!!!"
- "Really?? Just for a sketch? I could draw it for half that!!"
Treat artists like human beings. We gotta eat too. Commissioning an artist is not different from any other contract work. You’re not going to ask your dentist for a discounted root canal or tell your contractor his cabinets are too expensive, don’t ask artists to change their prices because you perceive them as too high. More than likely, an artist taking commissions from the internet are drastically under charging themselves already. Please be respectful and understanding that art is a skill and not a favour.
i think there’s a lot of pressure in the art community to kind of strive for your art to be detailed+realistic and all these other expectations based on some kind of ridiculous standard of what “good art” is, but like idk simple plain stuff can be amazing too, non-realistic stuff can be amazing too dont let anyone set your art standards but yourself tbh ignore everyone
OKAY BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY
THIS IS GREAT ART REF for a generic standing pose bust still. Never pass up a chance at a rotatable 3d model.
Everyone who cares about film or animation should check this out!!!